Directions to School of Mathematical Sciences
The School is located in the South boundary of Yuquan Campus (38 Zheda Road, Xihu District).
Here is the campus map (click to view).
For 3D Virtual Map of Yuquan Campus, please view: https://map.zju.edu.cn/index?locale=en_US
and select Yuquan on the top left corner.
Our School consists of two main buildings, Ouyang Chunmei Building and Sir Run Run Shaw Business Administration Building. The administration office is at the second floor of the Business Administration Building.
You could walk through the South Gate directly or go from the Front Gate to reach our building. Private bicycles and shared bicycles are allowed in the campus for your convenience.
To arrive at Yuquan campus, you may depart from two main airports: Hangzhou International Airport, and Shanghai Pudong International Airport, or one railway station: Hangzhou East Railway Station.
Travel to Yuquan Campus by taxi
About 35km from Hangzhou International Airport: around 1 hour
About 205km from Shanghai Pudong International Airport: around 2.5 hours
About 10km from Hangzhou East Railway Station: around 0.5 hour
Travel tips in Hangzhou
1. Not much cash needed in Hangzhou. Electronic payment and credit card work in most shops. However, exchanging currencies in your home country or at the two airports mentioned above is recommended as there will be a commission fee at local banks.
2. It is very cold and humid in winter, rainy and hot in summer. Down jackets and outdoor jackets are recommended for the severe cold weather and the unexpected rain respectively.
3. The metro network in Hangzhou is complete. It is a good choice to take metro for commuting or traveling around Hangzhou, considering the traffic jam of the ground transportation during the peak.
4. Don’t worry about the language barrier too much. Most signs on the roads or at the station during your journey have the English version.
5. China operates 220-volt electronical systems. You may need a voltage transformer/adaptor for electrical appliances.